Royal Family news – Queen health fears force her to suddenly pull out of COP26 climate summit days after h... - The US Sun

1 month ago 55

NEEDS REST
13:25 ET, Oct 26 2021Updated: 13:25 ET, Oct 26 2021

THE Queen has been forced to pull out of the COP26 summit next week after being ordered to rest by doctors, it has been revealed.

It comes after Her Majesty pulled out of a recent engagement in northern Ireland on advice of Household medical staff - with the monarch instead set to address delegates via a recorded video message.

Confirming the decision, a Buckingham Palace statement reads: "Following advice to rest, The Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle. Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the Evening Reception of COP26 on Monday, 1st November.

"Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message."

Read our Royal Family live blog below for the latest updates...

Queen's decision is a 'sensible precaution'

Queen Elizabeth's decision not to attend the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow next week was a "sensible precaution".

Her Majesty said she hoped it would not be used by others as a reason to miss the event, a Palace source said on Tuesday.

The queen remained in good spirits and was expecting a call with Britain's finance minister this evening, as is the norm before the budget statement on Wednesday, the source added. 

'Knackered'

Royal sources had briefed The Sunday Times that the Queen was "knackered" due to a busy social life and preference for late night television.

She has also had a punishing workload of 120 official engagements in 194 days since the death of her husband Prince Philip on April 9.

As well as resting under doctors' orders, The Queen has also decided to give up the booze - ditching the gin cocktail she is said to have enjoyed every evening.

But she will now drink just sparkling water or tomato juice, with a royal source saying: “It was a personal decision.”

Buckingham Palace would not comment on whether the monarch has received her booster Covid-19 jab, but given her age it is likely she has already had it.

Reigning it in

The monarch is being looked after by the Medical Household, her expert team of royal physicians.

It came after the Queen was pictured using a walking stick as she attended the opening of Welsh parliament with son Prince Charles on October 12.

It was the first time she had publicly used a cane since 2003 following an operation to remove torn cartilage from her right knee.

The walking aid had many worried the monarch's chock-a-block schedule was too intense.

Her Majesty had been recently ordered to rest by doctors

The Queen faced preliminary tests in hospital on October 20 during her first overnight stay at a medical facility in eight years.

She has been resting following medical advice to cancel her two-day trip to Northern Ireland.

But she returned to work on Tuesday, carrying out virtual audiences from Windsor Castle - her first official engagements in seven days since she was ordered to rest by doctors.

Question marks remained over Queen's attendance at COP26

A source claimed that Her Majesty had "regretfully decided" to follow her doctor's advice to rest and to follow out light duties.

Her attendance had been up in the air after the monarch was forced to pull out of a planned trip to Northern Ireland - her first cancelled royal duty in 15 years - on doctors' orders to rest.

She also spent a night in the hospital where medics carried out preliminary tests, but she was later discharged from hospital in "good spirits" and said to be keen to get back to her desk.

Next year will see Queen celebrate 70 years on the throne

Queen's celebration of 70 years on the throne.

An extensive programme of public events will mix traditional pageantry with cutting edge technological displays.

Details of these events will be unveiled in the coming months.

Members of the Royal Family will appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony, while there will also be a fly past in Her Majesty's honour.

What have Buckingham Palace said?

A Buckingham Palace statement reads: "Following advice to rest, The Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle.

"Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the Evening Reception of COP26 on Monday, 1st November.

"Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message."

Queen dramatically pulls out of COP26 climate summit 

THE Queen has tonight dramatically pulled out of the COP26 summit after being told to rest by her doctors, it was revealed.

Her Majesty, 95, will instead deliver an address to the delegates via a recorded video message.

A spokesperson from Buckingham Palace said: "Following advice to rest, The Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle.

"Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the Evening Reception of COP26 on Monday, 1st November.

"Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message."

Andrew has until October 29 to respond to allegations

Virginia Roberts, 38, is seeking unspecified damages after filing a civil lawsuit in August accusing the Duke of "rape in the first degree".

She alleges that she was forced to have sex with Andrew three times when she was 17 - a minor under US law - after being trafficked by disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew now has until October 29 to respond to the allegations, with his lawyers promising to "dismantle" his sex accuser’s allegations in detail.

No additional parties will be permitted to join the case after December 15.

Andrew’s lawsuit set to go into Platinum Jubilee year

PRINCE Andrew’s sex assault lawsuit is set to go on well into the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year.  

A timetable for Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s New York civil case against the duke was revealed last night, following agreement by lawyers on both sides.

It states that discovery – including testimony from expert witnesses – should be completed by July 14, 2022 and a pre-trial order finished by July 28, 2022.

The timetable was signed off by US District Judge Lewis Kaplan and made public last night.

Virginia, 38, claims she was sexually assaulted by Andrew, 61, three times when she was underage.

He denies the allegations.

The Crown to dramatise Martin Bashir's Diana interview

The fifth series of Netflix drama The Crown will dramatise the headline-making 1995 Panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales, according to reports.

That interview, conducted by then-BBC journalist Martin Bashir, made global headlines as the princess spoke openly about her marriage to the Prince of Wales, famously telling Bashir "there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded".

Earlier this year, a report by Lord Dyson concluded that the BBC covered up "deceitful behaviour" used by Bashir to secure the bombshell interview and led to a call from the Duke of Cambridge for it never to be aired again.

An insider told The Sun: "The Crown's creators see the interview as the keystone moment in series five.

"To the writers, the stormy marriage between Charles and Di led up to her outpouring on Panorama, and the aftermath of that decision defined her final months.

"They are making a huge investment in that. The Crown has a track record of delving into areas of the Royal Family's history they'd rather be left alone."

Royal sources claimed The Queen 'was knackered'

Royal sources had briefed The Sunday Times that the Queen was "knackered" due to a busy social life and preference for late night television.

She has also had a punishing workload of 120 official engagements in 194 days since the death of her husband Prince Philip on April 9.

As well as resting under doctors' orders, The Queen has also decided to give up the booze - ditching the gin cocktail she is said to have enjoyed every evening.

But she will now drink just sparkling water or tomato juice, with a royal source saying: “It was a personal decision.”

Buckingham Palace would not comment on whether the monarch has received her booster Covid-19 jab, but given her age it is likely she has already had it.

'Encouraging signs' of a 'more visible Queen' today

Traditionally, the Queen holds an audience with the Chancellor the night before a budget.

Ahead of last March's budget, Rishi Sunak, who is preparing for Wednesday's fiscal statement, spoke to the monarch by telephone while Covid restrictions were still in place.

Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine, said Her Majesty's ambassadorial audiences today were an encouraging sign of a "more visible" Queen again.

"Clearly it's business as usual as far as the Queen is concerned that the audiences continue in this way for the time being," Mr Little said.

"It's what she will expect to be doing and what people would expect her to be doing under the circumstances.

"But it is encouraging because she hasn't been seen publicly for a week and now we're seeing her back at work.

"Although she has been working on her boxes behind the scenes, this is the more visible monarch again."

The Queen is being looked after by the Medical Household

The monarch is being looked after by the Medical Household, her expert team of royal physicians.

She is due to attend events in Scotland next week as part of a flurry of royal Cop26 engagements involving the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge between November 1-5.

On the royal family's website, the Queen is still listed as attending a reception on November 1 as part of the climate change conference.

It has not yet been confirmed as to whether she will travel to Scotland.

She had a busy schedule of engagements in the first weeks of October following her return from Balmoral, and her hospital stay was kept a secret and only confirmed by the Palace when it was revealed by The Sun newspaper.

The Queen was seen using a walking stick for the first time at a major engagement during a Westminster Abbey service on October 12.

Why did the Queen spend the night in hospital?

The monarch was forced to cancel a planned trip to Northern Ireland before spending a night in hospital for tests.

She was later discharged in "good spirits" and was said to be keen to get back to her desk.

It was believed her medical team acted out of caution to have her admitted to King Edward VII hospital in Marylebone on Wednesday.

And the overnight stay — her first in a hospital for eight years — was for practical reasons, and unrelated to coronavirus.

She called off her trip to Northern Ireland - her first cancelled royal duty in 15 years - under strict orders to rest and faced preliminary investigations in hospital on October 20.

'One is back in business'

THE Queen looked radiant as she carried out her first official engagement since being ordered to rest by doctors following a health scare.

Her Majesty, 95, hosted two virtual audiences at Windsor Castle today after Palace aides last week told her to "cut back" on her "exhausting" schedule.

Today was the first time the head of state has been seen - albeit on a computer screen - since she hosted a busy evening reception for the global investment summit on October 19.

The Queen wore a yellow dress and her three-strand pearl necklace as she met the ambassador from the Republic of Korea.

She was pictured smiling on a computer screen as she greeted Gunn Kim, who was dressed in Korean clothing including a traditional hat known as a gat.

William 'used to smother Harry in kisses as a young boy'

As a young boy, William was said to smother his younger brother with kisses and proudly show him off like his “favourite toy”, claims a royal author. 

Royal author Robert Lacey’s said: “For years the world would be struck by the fondly possessive way in which young William liked to display his younger brother and show him off proudly – almost as his favourite toy.”

William and Harry remained close growing up, particularly following the death of their mum in 1997. 

They were even best men at each other’s weddings - although are said to have drifted in recent years. 

Her Majesty reportedly forking out millions on Prince Andrew

Firm came under fire when it was revealed the Queen is paying Andy’s legal fees from her Duchy of Lancaster income.

Her Majesty has reportedly been forking out millions on her son's legal battle since the start of 2020,  just after his disastrous interview on Newsnight with Emily Maitlis. 

Andrew claimed he had "no recollection of ever meeting" Virginia and said of her claims: " I can absolutely categorically tell you it never happened."

The 61-year-old also said he has no memory of the renowned photograph of him and Virginia with his arm around her waist.

 Rex Features

The Duke said he has no memory of this snap with Virginia Roberts Credit: Rex Features

Hidden meaning behind Princess Eugenie’s £120k engagement ring

Princess Eugenie's ring features a rare pink Padparadscha sapphire, surrounded by a halo of sparkling diamonds.

Interestingly, Princess Eugenie also opted for a sapphire ring, however not a traditional blue sapphire. 

She opted for a padparadscha sapphires, because they are are incredibly rare, much rarer than diamonds and many blue sapphires.

Jewellery expert Maxwell Stone said: "These are extremely rare stones which many people haven't even heard of. 

“They are strikingly beautiful with unique shades of pink and orange, often resembling the colours of a sunset."

“This is by far one of the rarest gemstones in the world, thanks to its unparalleled salmon hue," she continued to say.

The ring bares a remarkable resemblance to Eugenie’s mother, Sarah Ferguson’s engagement ring, which features a Burmese ruby, surrounded by diamonds.

NINTCHDBPICT000380316986

NINTCHDBPICT000380316986Credit: Splash News

NINTCHDBPICT000401509137

NINTCHDBPICT000401509137Credit: Rex Features

Meghan 'may restart' her old blog

Meghan Markle could restart her blog The Tig, according to a royal commentator.

Months before she and Prince Harry announced their engagement in 2017, The Duchess of Sussex closed her lifestyle blog.

Royal commentator Neil Sean has now claimed Meghan believes it is a "very good time" to restart The Tig.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Mr Sean said: “According to a very good source, it appears that Meghan, alongside Harry, think this would be a very good time to restart The Tig."

News regarding Meghan & her dad you may have missed

Thomas Markle claims Meghan ghosted him because she was jealous of the attention she gave her brother and sister Meghan's dad threatens to SUE ‘childish’ daughter and Prince Harry in bid to see his grandchildren Meg ‘changed once she hooked up with Harry’ and ‘disowned both sides of her family’ dad claims

Meghan's dad slams Harry for ‘abandoning Queen, Army and British people’

In a stinging review, Thomas Markle claimed the Duke of Sussex does nothing but "ride a bicycle around the neighbourhood he lives in".

The 77-year-old, who has not spoken to Harry in years, said his son-in-law had "abandoned everyone".

Meghan Markle's estranged dad continued to blast Harry, saying: "I think Harry has abandoned the Queen, his grandmother, the royal family, the British people and the Army.

"He's abandoned them all.

"All he does now is ride a bicycle around the neighbourhood... I don't know if it's much of a life for him either. It doesn't make sense."

Read more here.

Queen 'unlikely' to stop public duties 'unless forced'

Royal Author, Anna Pasternak, has said that The Queen is unlikely to stop public duties "unless forced".

Anna told Vogue: “It’s very unlikely that the Queen will ever stop public duties unless forced to do so.

"She’s not one that wants to go and retire and take up oil painting.

“Her sense of duty is ingrained into every fibre of her being.”

Inside the Queen's first official engagement after hospital stay

Today was the first time the head of state has been seen - albeit on a computer screen - since she hosted a busy evening reception for the global investment summit on October 19.

She carried out her first official engagement since being ordered to rest by doctors following a health scare.

The Queen wore a yellow dress and her three-strand pearl necklace as she met the ambassador from the Republic of Korea.

She was pictured smiling on a computer screen as she greeted Gunn Kim, who was dressed in Korean clothing including a traditional hat known as a gat.

Her Majesty also met the ambassador from the Swiss Confederation, Markus Leitner, accompanied by his wife Nicole Leitner.

 PA

The monarch carried out her first official engagements since staying overnight in hospital Credit: PA

Meghan 'failed to learn key royal lesson after marriage'

According to a royal expert, Meghan Markle failed to realise that joining the Royal Family is "not a sprint".

Royal biographer Andrew Morton told the Royally Us podcast: "The old motto, never complain never explain, is a good one.

"What I think she failed to realise, is that the monarchy and being part of the Royal Family is not a sprint.

"It's not hitting the ground running, then keeping on running."

Read Entire Article